Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bollinger Mills MO

Well I saw a post on Church of Choppers titled Bollinger, so it made me think of this Bollinger. An old Roller Mill outside Cape Girardeau MO.

 Front side, the road ends right next to it, used to cross the river here through a covered bridge. Now the road runs about 100yds north of here. Good thing too, that's how stuff stays the way it was for 200 years, they don't have to mow it down to make way for the four lane or strip mall.
 Backside with bridge.


This is a foundation stone for the bridge.


 Some oleskool graffiti on inside of bridge.
 Inside the Mill is a little museum.
 Set of pulleys run off the water wheel to power equipment on the mill floor.
 I love this shit. Wish I had a mill just to power my friggin awesome drill press that probably still works as good as it did 150 years ago.

This is a little antique shop across the street from the mill. If you look real close, you'll see my friend Meg hiding behind some stuff on the porch. She's a rare bird, hard to spot sometimes.

My thoughts are with her and her family today. They lost the oldest living member of her family yesterday, Aunt Bobby. She was 97 years old, May we all live so long. RIP

All my luv, Meg, Steve, and Sue Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment