Thursday, February 9, 2012



And a couple more of my xs chop. Made everything on this bike from frame up. The only thing XS is the engine and front forks. That's an early eighties RM125 front wheel and drum brake. Rear is a water buffalo 18"
Fleur de Lis on sissy bar was dug up out of the ground beneath one of the oldest blacksmith shops here in Lexington when the building was raised. Wings on the gas cap was a swapmeet score. Rusty diamond plate floorboards and skidplate was saved from 4 lane traffic on the interstate after running it over for a month. Had to play a little frogger with the 70 mph traffic and a three foot long piece of 1/4 inch plate was harder to pry off the ground than I expected! Had to make two frogger attempts, man those cars get there a lot faster than you think, but with the help of my pocket knife, I pried it up enough to get my fingertips underneath and... SHAZAM. Perfect patina already installed.

Oh yeah, seat is off a tobacco setter with a little tooled leather insert I made (first attempt at doing that too). The design is that of a Compass Rose, right under your butthole so you know where your ass is at, and thus the name I gave this bike is the Brown Star. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment